|Published:||Oct 01, 2013 11:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2013 11:56 AM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is looking for the suspect who tried to rob the clerk at an Englewood area gas station at gunpoint Monday night.
Shortly before midnight Monday, a white male in his late 20’s entered the Barracuda Bill’s Mobil Gas Station, located at 8675 Placida Road. The man was carrying a black semiautomatic pistol and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk resisted the suspect’s efforts and the man fled the scene on foot.
A witness in the area saw the man leave the store and run toward Cape Haze Drive where he was picked up by a small tan or beige colored sedan that was possibly either a Honda Civic or Honda Accord. The vehicle was last seen driving toward South McCall Road on Placida Road.
The suspect is described as being between 5'8 and 5'10 and weighing about 160 pounds. He was wearing a dark colored baseball cap with writing on the front, black baggy pants, black sneakers and a black short sleeved shirt over top of a camouflage type yellow and black shirt. He had a red bandana covering his face.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the suspect or the vehicle is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating