|Published:||Oct 01, 2013 11:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 01, 2013 11:56 AM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is looking for the suspect who tried to rob the clerk at an Englewood area gas station at gunpoint Monday night.
Shortly before midnight Monday, a white male in his late 20’s entered the Barracuda Bill’s Mobil Gas Station, located at 8675 Placida Road. The man was carrying a black semiautomatic pistol and demanded money from the clerk. The clerk resisted the suspect’s efforts and the man fled the scene on foot.
A witness in the area saw the man leave the store and run toward Cape Haze Drive where he was picked up by a small tan or beige colored sedan that was possibly either a Honda Civic or Honda Accord. The vehicle was last seen driving toward South McCall Road on Placida Road.
The suspect is described as being between 5'8 and 5'10 and weighing about 160 pounds. He was wearing a dark colored baseball cap with writing on the front, black baggy pants, black sneakers and a black short sleeved shirt over top of a camouflage type yellow and black shirt. He had a red bandana covering his face.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the suspect or the vehicle is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before