|Published:||Sep 30, 2013 12:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2013 12:19 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A new traffic signal is being installed at a busy Cape Coral intersection.
The call for a traffic light at Del Prado Boulevard and NE 3rd Terrace came after the 2010 death of Ryan Santos. He was killed riding his bike across the six lanes of Del Prado.
It was a battle to get the new traffic light because the owner of One Price Optical refused to sign an easement to allow traffic poles on the edge of his property, but he changed his mind when he was guaranteed compensation for loss of business during installation.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students