|Published:||Sep 30, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 30, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Police say a woman is dead after a physical altercation with her husband at her Largo home.
Largo police received a call from the couple's neighbor about 9:35 p.m. Sunday. The neighbor reported that 69-year-old Richard Louis Pierson told them he had killed his wife.
Responding officers found 47-year-old Mary Pierson dead of blunt force trauma.
Pierson was taken to the Pinellas County Jail. He's charged with first-degree murder.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme