|Published:||Sep 28, 2013 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2013 3:55 PM EDT|
RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A 34-year-old Florida man is accused of forcing a 17-year-old girl to work as a prostitute at a southern Wisconsin motel.
The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/196kcHj) Troy I. Johnson, of Pahokee, Fla., was charged Friday in Racine County with soliciting a child for prostitution and second-offense marijuana possession - both felonies.
According to his criminal complaint, he's accused of forcing the 17-year-old to have sex with approximately seven men, whom she told police he would bring to her room at the Knights Inn.
His bond was set at $50,000 Friday. His preliminary hearing is Wednesday, where a judge will decide if the case should proceed to trial.
An email sent to his public defender, Carl Johnson, was not immediately returned Saturday.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone