|Published:||Sep 28, 2013 3:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2013 3:55 PM EDT|
RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A 34-year-old Florida man is accused of forcing a 17-year-old girl to work as a prostitute at a southern Wisconsin motel.
The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/196kcHj) Troy I. Johnson, of Pahokee, Fla., was charged Friday in Racine County with soliciting a child for prostitution and second-offense marijuana possession - both felonies.
According to his criminal complaint, he's accused of forcing the 17-year-old to have sex with approximately seven men, whom she told police he would bring to her room at the Knights Inn.
His bond was set at $50,000 Friday. His preliminary hearing is Wednesday, where a judge will decide if the case should proceed to trial.
An email sent to his public defender, Carl Johnson, was not immediately returned Saturday.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk