|Published:||Sep 28, 2013 9:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 28, 2013 12:27 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -Florida Highway Patrol Troopers have re-opened all lanes on I-75 North at Daniels Parkway after a deadly crash early Saturday morning.
It happened just before 4 a.m. around mile marker 133. FHP Troopers tell us two people died after a car and a semi-truck collided. FHP has released the
identity of one of the victims. Troopers say 31 year old Alphonse Casimir of Naples and a yet to be identified passenger were killed when a Chevy Sonic LTZ
driven by Casimir hit the back of a Semi Truck being driven by 52 year old Michael McDermott of Fort Myers. McDermott was not injured. It is not known if
alcohol was a factor in the crash. Both victims were wearing seatbelts. Troopers say they are investigating what caused the crash.
The on ramp to I-75 at Daniels Parkway is now back open as well.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash