|Published:||Sep 27, 2013 6:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2013 10:09 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fl. - Innovation, creativity and perseverance are just some characteristics that help make this area continue to grow.
Now, those who are the future of the Southwest Florida are getting the chance to learn what it takes to become an entrepreneur and offer something new.
There's an entrepreneurship program and it's teaching all those characteristics while giving these students an inside and hands look at the business world.
Throughout the year long program, high schoolers hear from business leaders in the community, they get the chance to take intershops, shadow these professionals at their jobs.
Over the course of the year they create their own business plan. The overall goal here is to prepare theise future leaders to be a catalyst for growth and job creation and it's all starting in the classroom.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend