|Published:||Sep 27, 2013 11:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2013 11:19 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police have arrested a suspect in the death of a South Florida teenager whose body was found dumped at a construction site after witnesses reported seeing a body fall from a truck.
Investigators said Friday they've arrested 20-year-old Fernando Granados after receiving a tip. They say he confessed to strangling 18-year-old Tiffany Cabreja. He faces second-degree murder charges.
An arrest affidavit says Granados and another man picked up Cabreja from on Sept. 20, smoked crack cocaine at a park, then went to an empty construction site. There, Granados says he attacked Cabreja and put her in a choke hold.
Police say that the other man started hitting her. They haven't identified him.
She was found with a ligature around the neck and a bag over her face.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool