|Published:||Sep 27, 2013 11:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2013 11:19 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police have arrested a suspect in the death of a South Florida teenager whose body was found dumped at a construction site after witnesses reported seeing a body fall from a truck.
Investigators said Friday they've arrested 20-year-old Fernando Granados after receiving a tip. They say he confessed to strangling 18-year-old Tiffany Cabreja. He faces second-degree murder charges.
An arrest affidavit says Granados and another man picked up Cabreja from on Sept. 20, smoked crack cocaine at a park, then went to an empty construction site. There, Granados says he attacked Cabreja and put her in a choke hold.
Police say that the other man started hitting her. They haven't identified him.
She was found with a ligature around the neck and a bag over her face.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft