|Published:||Sep 27, 2013 10:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 27, 2013 10:43 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Attorney General Pam Bondi will announce an anti-human trafficking initiative in Tampa.
Bondi is scheduled to speak during a late morning news conference at the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office on Friday.
According to the state Department of Children and Families, Florida is one of the most popular destinations for human traffickers in the U.S. and sex trafficking of young victims is among the most underreported offenses.
The agency started a statewide task force in 2009 because the majority of sex trafficking victims are foster youth.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples