|Published:||Sep 26, 2013 9:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 26, 2013 9:36 AM EDT|
Mental illness affects one-in-four people at some point in their lives. Tuesday, Oct. 1, Hope Clubhouse of Southwest Florida is presenting a major mental illness symposium.
Psychiatrist Dr. Steve Machlin and Deb Webb joined WINK News This Morning to talk about the symposium.
Dottie Pacharis will be at the event to discuss her family's struggle to get help for her son and urge others to obtain treatment if they need it at the Third Annual
The symposium will be at the Broadway Palm, 1380 Colonial Blvd., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with registration at 10:30 a.m.
Tickets for "Mental Wellness: A Family Affair" cost $35 including lunch and $50 with 2.0 CEUs for mental health professionals.
Tickets are available at HOPE Clubhouse at 239-267-1777 or may be purchased online at www.hopeclubhouse.org.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges