|Published:||Sep 25, 2013 10:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2013 10:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Hertz has unveiled the site plans for its new headquarters coming to Southwest Florida.
The company presented diagrams at a Wednesday night meeting in Estero.
Hertz executives say the grounds will now include an 800-space parking garage. They say the garage has many advantages, even though it will cost more up front. Dan Wisk, Vice President of Facilities and Construction says, "it's less space intensive than the surface parking so we don't have the sea of parking out there on the site."
He says it will create more green space, and will also have a solar structure on top. It's all part of the company's green initiative, and its goal to have an environmentally friendly place to work.
He says the headquarters will have a "campus feel," featuring walking trails, a basketball court, sand volleyball court and fitness center. It will also have a daycare inside the building.
During the presentation, the community had mostly positive feedback for the company. Wisk says he met with residents in the area in July and tried to take all of their concerns into consideration in their design plans.
The designs for the actual headquarters building are not complete yet, but Wisk expects to have something to present in 60 days.
The company plans to break ground by the end of the year and the new facility should be finished at US 41 and Williams Road by 2015.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County