|Published:||Sep 25, 2013 3:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2013 3:21 PM EDT|
BELLEAIR, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in the Tampa Bay area are searching for the man who jumped off a bridge after being pulled over for a traffic stop.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reports the driver of a dark blue 2005 Dodge Durango was stopped Tuesday evening at about 9:30 p.m.
A deputy asked for the man's identification and vehicle information and then went back to his patrol car.
That's when deputies say the suspect exited his SUV, ran to the railing of the Belleair Causeway Bridge, and jumped over. An extensive search for the suspect was conducted but he was not found.
Anyone with information about the suspect's location is asked to call Deputy Jacoby at the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office at 727-582-6200 or Crime Stoppers at 800-873-TIPS.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- I-75 south lanes closed near Sarasota after crash
- Police: Driver hits biker, drives with him on car
- Fire destroys home, 2 cars, motorcycle in Port Charlotte
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down
- Naples Botanical Garden Night Lights kicks off tonight
- City of Palms Classic tips off in Fort Myers
- Service planned to remember missing Fla. mom, kids
- Florida U.S. Senator offers to go to Iran for CIA contractor
- Inmate charged in central Fla. woman's 2011 death
- Firefighters find body in Ocala home; dog rescued