|Published:||Sep 24, 2013 8:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2013 10:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The motorcyclist involved in a downtown Fort Myers accident has died from his injuries. It happened around 7pm and shut down part of First Street. When police arrived, they learned from witnesses that the motorcyclist was attempting to pass another car. The motorcyclist then struck a median, lost control and hit a light pole. The bike flipped and landed on top of him. The man was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died from his injuries. Investigators say the motorcyclist was at fault for the crash and that his road rage was a factor. The motorcyclist was also not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, and the roads were wet due to the rain.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school