|Published:||Sep 24, 2013 8:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2013 10:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The motorcyclist involved in a downtown Fort Myers accident has died from his injuries. It happened around 7pm and shut down part of First Street. When police arrived, they learned from witnesses that the motorcyclist was attempting to pass another car. The motorcyclist then struck a median, lost control and hit a light pole. The bike flipped and landed on top of him. The man was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died from his injuries. Investigators say the motorcyclist was at fault for the crash and that his road rage was a factor. The motorcyclist was also not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, and the roads were wet due to the rain.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.