|Published:||Sep 24, 2013 7:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2013 7:25 AM EDT|
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (AP) - A 3-year-old out for a walk with her baby sitter died after a driver lost control of his pickup truck and hit her.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says the accident happened Monday afternoon in suburban Lake Worth.
Deputies say 56-year-old Steven W. Barnes remained at the crash scene, but wasn't taken into custody because they're trying to determine whether he had a medical episode.
The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/15oHJga) reports the crash occurred just blocks from the child's home. The child was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center, where she died.
Her mother arrived at the scene moments after the crash. A neighbor who witnessed the crash and called 911 rushed the mother to the hospital.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case