|Published:||Sep 24, 2013 12:04 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2013 12:12 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla. -- Fort Myers Police Department have arrested Nehemiah Neal Jr. and Jahrell Neal for felony murder during the commission of a robbery.
On Thursday, officers responded to a call in reference to gunshots heard at the Sienna Apartments located on Winkler Avenue Extension. Upon arrival police located Keith Stengel suffering from a gunshot wound. He was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he later died. Investigators processed the crime scene and detectives gathered evidence in the case which led them to the arrest of the first suspect. Brittany Stubbs has already been arrested for felony murder during the commission of a robbery. The investigation revealed that Stubbs lured Stengel to the location for a robbery. The Neal brothers were wanted for questioning by police for their role in Stengel’s death.
On Monday, with assistance from the United States Marshals Florida Regional Task Force, Fort Myers Police located the suspects in Lehigh Acres. Once at the police headquarters Nehemiah Neal and Jahrell Neal confessed to the crime. Chief Doug Baker says the hard work of detectives should be commended. “Detectives worked tirelessly on this case as they do on every case. The investigative work coupled with the cooperation of witnesses brought us to a successful conclusion. We are pleased to bring justice to the victim’s family.”
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds