|Published:||Sep 23, 2013 2:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 25, 2013 3:07 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Monday at 2:35 p.m., the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Fifth Third Bank, located at 1701 Boy Scout Drive.
According to police, an unknown white male suspect entered the bank and handed the teller a note demanding money. He fled the scene on foot, with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Witnesses have reported seeing a bank dye pack explode from the suspect’s pocket. The suspect should have red dye on his pants and on his body. Police say the suspect in this robbery is similar to the suspect who robbed the Bank of America located at 1511 Matthew Drive on August 6, 2013.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous. Anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction of the robbery suspect could be eligible for a reward of up to $5,000.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral