|Published:||Sep 23, 2013 10:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2013 10:27 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, FL - A former nursing manager at Park Royal Hospital says he thinks charges that one of the hospital's certified nursing assistants was having sex with patients is very probable, even likely.
The whistleblower says patients have been caught on numerous occasions having sex in different areas of the hospital. He went on to say there were other concerns that lead to him leaving the hospital after only 90 days on the job. He says he had concerns over patient safety and care and when he would bring those issues up with management, he was threatened. While hospital executives did confirm his employment, they would not address his allegations against the hospital.
Benjamin Bland, the certified nursing assistant in question, was arrested and charged with having sex or inappropriately touching as many as 5 patients.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week