|Published:||Sep 23, 2013 1:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2013 3:53 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are investigating a shooting that happened early Saturday morning and are looking for anyone who might have additional information.
Around 2:30 am on Saturday September 21, deputies were called to Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte where a 23 year old male victim had been dropped off with a gunshot wound to his leg. The man told hospital staff that he had been shot in the parking lot of School House Square on 4300 King's Highway in Charlotte Harbor.
The victim did not provide any information to deputies. An employee at Porky’s told deputies that he was not aware of any altercations inside the bar that night.
Detectives from the Major Crimes Unit were called to continue the investigation. They are looking for anyone who might have information concerning how the victim was shot. Anyone with information is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser