|Published:||Sep 23, 2013 1:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2013 3:53 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives are investigating a shooting that happened early Saturday morning and are looking for anyone who might have additional information.
Around 2:30 am on Saturday September 21, deputies were called to Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte where a 23 year old male victim had been dropped off with a gunshot wound to his leg. The man told hospital staff that he had been shot in the parking lot of School House Square on 4300 King's Highway in Charlotte Harbor.
The victim did not provide any information to deputies. An employee at Porky’s told deputies that he was not aware of any altercations inside the bar that night.
Detectives from the Major Crimes Unit were called to continue the investigation. They are looking for anyone who might have information concerning how the victim was shot. Anyone with information is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training