|Published:||Sep 20, 2013 10:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2013 10:33 PM EDT|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a friend of the Chechen man who was shot to death in his Orlando apartment during questioning by the FBI about a Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
Ashurmamad Miraliev was booked into the Osceola County Jail on Friday. He is charged with tampering with a witness or informant.
A spokeswoman for the Osceola County Sheriff's Office didn't immediately return a phone call or email.
The 20-year-old Miraliev was living in the same Orlando apartment where his friend, Ibragim Todashev, was fatally shot last May.
Todashev was killed while FBI agents and others questioned him about his friendship with suspected Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev (TAM'-ehr-luhn tsahr-NEYE'-ehv). Officials originally said the Chechen man lunged at an agent with a knife. They later said it was no longer clear what happened.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41