|Published:||Sep 18, 2013 1:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 18, 2013 6:01 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Four people are dead in South Florida following a shooting and high-speed chase.
Miami-Dade police report that a man shot two women Wednesday morning. One woman died at the scene, while the other was pronounced dead after being airlifted to a nearby trauma center.
The suspect had already fled by the time police arrived, but officers called in a description of his vehicle to initiate a pursuit. An MDPD helicopter followed his SUV into rural southwestern Broward County, where he eventually crashed into another vehicle at an intersection.
The Broward Sheriff's Office reports that the woman driving the other vehicle was ejected and died at the scene. As deputies approached the suspect's SUV, shots were fired and deputies retreated. SWAT teams then surrounded the suspect's vehicle to take him into custody, but he was already dead.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys