|Published:||Sep 18, 2013 4:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 18, 2013 4:47 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Tim Zellers has high hopes for the land once ruled by King Richard and his family fun park.
"The town is definitely growing north so we thought it was really the best possible location and it was already zoned commercial," said Tim Zellers, the Owner of Tamiami Hyundai.
The location will soon be home to Tamiami Hyundai.
"It's about 50,000 square feet and it'll be all new obviously and we're hoping that we're going to add probably somewhere around 75 new full time jobs to the economy here in Naples," said Zellers.
The plan made nearby residents worried about noise. But John Abraham, the dealership's General Manager, said they are working to not disturb their neighbors.
"Our service will probably close at six o'clock. Right now we're at seven o'clock with sales, but there's very little noise that you're going to hear from six o'clock on and probably the way the buildings going to be set up, you'll hardly hear any noise during the day at all," said Abraham.
Roz Fusco took her children to birthday parties at King Richard's.
"It's great memories in the quiet town of Naples a long time ago when there wasn't anywhere for your kids to go but King Richard's," said Fusco.
And she had hoped the castle would stay.
"hat would be like the draw for all of us to go into this new car dealership to see you know what they had turned it into, so I was kind of disappointed that the castle was the last thing to fall down," said Fusco.
Zellers said they actually had considered keeping the castle as part of the showroom but it didn't work with the layout. He said their new building will be closer to Airport Pulling Road, so there will be less of an impact on the surrounding neighborhoods. The dealership plans to open early next summer.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys