|Published:||Sep 17, 2013 12:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2013 12:45 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- This morning, businesses and community leaders gathered at the kick-off breakfast for WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk.
WINK News' Lois Thome was the MC of the event, and she fired up the audience with her passion for the food bank's cause.
Last year, Southwest Florida helped raise $340,000 for families in need. The Harry Chapin Food Bank turns every dollar raised into $6 worth of food.
The sixth annual WINK News Feeds Families Hunger Walk will be held on January 18, 2014. To register a team, click here.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend