|Published:||Sep 16, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - The man who was killed in a Florida Panhandle explosion over the weekend was from Illinois.
Okaloosa County sheriff's officials say 35-year-old Michael Todd Brower was from Benton, Ill., near St. Louis. His friend, 58-year-old Luis Lopez, was critically injured. Lopez is a pediatrician from Benton.
They were at Lopez's vacation home in Destin on Saturday night when a car parked outside exploded. Officials think the explosion was related to acetylene torches they had rented to work on the home. The gas is used for welding and soldering.
Information from: Northwest Florida Daily News (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.), http://www.nwfdailynews.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope