|Published:||Sep 16, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - Mourners are being asked to wear bright colors to the funeral of a 12-year-old central Florida girl who authorities say committed suicide after being bullied.
Services are scheduled Monday in Bartow, Fla., for Rebecca Sedwick. Sheriff's detectives say she was "terrorized" by as many as 15 girls who ganged up on her and picked on her for nearly a year.
They say the bullying started over a boyfriend last year. Authorities said she climbed to a tower last Monday at an abandoned concrete plant and hurled herself to her death.
Authorities have seized computers and cellphones from some of the girls as they decide whether to bring charges. The parents of the other girls were also cooperating with authorities.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders