|Published:||Sep 13, 2013 3:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2013 6:41 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department has identified the victim in this afternoon's fatal shooting on South St. as 22-year-old Aaron Addison. It happened a few houses east of Ford St.
Police found Addison's body on the ground. He had suffered gunshot wounds.
A passerby flagged down an officer. Neighbors say paramedics tried revive him before he was pronounced dead on the scene.
Witnesses report a four-door, white vehicle leaving the area at a high rate of speed.
Police cordoned off a crime scene and the investigation is underway.
School buses regularly scheduled for South Street, between Ford and Henderson, are being re-routed to Dunbar Middle. Parents of Dunbar Middle School students may pick up their student in the front office. Lee County Schools asks that parents have an ID ready. This has affected seven schools. Approximately 50 students will be held at Dunbar Middle. Parents may still pick them up as previously directed, or bus transportation will deliver them to their stops when the area is clear.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Emily Destefanis at 239-707-9482 or the Fort Myers Police Department at 239-321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. FMPD is offering a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of a person or persons responsible for any homicide in the City of Fort Myers. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season