|Published:||Sep 13, 2013 1:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2013 1:42 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- One lane of southbound Del Prado Boulevard is closed in the 2100 block, due to a damaged culvert pipe, which created a large opening in the roadway. The far right lane is closed from SE 21st Lane to SE 22nd Terrace.
Earlier today, an inspector with the City’s Utilities Collection & Distribution Division saw the hole in the street and immediately began diverting traffic around the dangerous road hazard. City crews arrived on scene and found an 8-inch hole in the culvert pipe, which probably had occurred during a transportation project six months prior. The combination of heavy rainfall these past few months and the hole in the pipe caused the pavement to destabilize.
Lee County Department of Transportation has been notified and will be onscene later today to evaluate the situation and make the necessary repairs. Cape Coral will have a crew at the location to redirect traffic and assist Lee County as needed.
There is no timeline for when the lane will be reopened. Drivers are encouraged to use caution and be patient when traveling in this area.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting