|Published:||Sep 12, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 12, 2013 1:13 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- City Manager John Szerlag has appointed Deputy Chief Bart Connelly to serve as Interim Chief of the Cape Coral Police Department. Chief Connelly is replacing Police Chief Jay Murphy. Chief Murphy is retiring after 35 years of service. His last day with the department is Friday, September 20.
Chief Connelly has been a member of the CCPD since May 1988 and worked his way up through the organization to the Deputy Chief position. Chief Connelly has an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice from Edison College, a Bachelor’s of Liberal Studies from Barry University, and Master’s in Public Administration from Central Michigan University. He is a graduate of the FBI National Academy, the Florida Criminal Justice Executive Institute Senior Leadership Program and the Police Executive Research Forum Senior Management Institute for Police. Chief Connelly serves on the Florida Police Chiefs Association Training Committee and is a Certified Assessor/Team Leader for the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras