|Published:||Sep 11, 2013 4:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2013 5:32 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A precautionary boil water notice has been issued for all homes and businesses in Matlacha on Pine Island Road from Island Avenue west to the Sandy Hook Restaurant. This includes all streets off of Island Avenue, all street off of May Street, and all streets off of Matlacha Avenue.
There is a major line break near the Sandy Hook Bridge and water is anticipated to be off for several hours.
Residents are asked to boil drinking and cooking water for one minute prior to consumption or use bottled water. When the boil water notice is lifted after testing by the Health Department. Two days of samples are required for clearance. Conditions are expected to return to normal on Saturday.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft