|Published:||Sep 11, 2013 7:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2013 7:50 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Wednesday morning, Cape Coral firefighters donated one thousand dollars to help build the Iraq Memorial at Eco park in Cape Coral
The memorial honors all of the veterans of the war from 2003 to 2011.
The monument will be the first of the 21-st century and the first national monument honoring all military branches.
"We still need more donations, with the help of Cape Coral and Lee County," said project manager Alan Classon.
Project organizers are still trying to track down Iraq War veterans. An official dedication of the memorial with take place November 10th.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales