|Published:||Sep 11, 2013 6:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2013 6:55 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A local business owner believes the getaway van used in a bank robbery last week is the same one used to burglarize his shop.
Employees at Unique Auto Spa say someone broke into their shop around 2 a.m. on Sunday, August 25. The shop's surveillance cameras caught it all on video, including a white van used to haul away the thieves and stolen items.
When employees saw video of the white van used in last week's bank robbery at a Fifth Third Bank in Fort Myers, they say they recognized it from their own surveillance video. Fredo Reyes says, "I saw the news and I saw the van and it's the same van that did this robbery here. The sticker, it had a sticker on the back corner on the glass on the back window, it was the same."
Fort Myers Police say someone stole the van used in the bank robbery from the Gulfstream Isles Apartment Complex overnight on August 24. It was during that same time period that someone busted into Unique Auto Spa.
Reyes says when he saw the van on TV, he thought detectives arrested the suspects, but they are still on the loose. "I was like 'wow they got them,' but they didn't. They only got the van."
Police are still looking for the bank robbery suspects and getaway driver. Police are investigating whether the two crimes are connected, but cannot say at this time whether the same van was involved.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft