|Published:||Sep 11, 2013 7:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2013 6:50 PM EDT|
Flags are flying at half-staff across the nation today, including here in Southwest Florida. Throughout the day, groups have been holding ceremonies across the area to remember the victims of 9/11.
6:00 p.m. at Riverside Park- The Bonita Springs Fire Department is dedicating an 1,800 lb. block of granite from the World Trade Center. This piece of history will become the centerpiece of a new memorial, honoring all the lives lost.
8:30 a.m. at SWFL Military Museum, located at 4820 Leonard Street - Remembrance ceremony
Tice Fire Department
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Tice Fire Department's Bell Ringing Ceremony - This event will mark the exact times the north and south towers of the World Trade Center Collapsed.
Golden Gate Estates
9:30 a.m. Golden Gate Government Complex- "9/11 We Will Never Forget" tribute
8:05 a.m. Saint Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, located at 5130 Rattlesnake Hammock Road- 9/11 Memorial Mass
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record