|Published:||Sep 10, 2013 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2013 4:30 PM EDT|
FT. MYERS, Fla. - One SWFL family has seen 3 members sworn in to the Fort Myers Police Department after new recruits were added.
Melanie Clausnitzer took the oath to protect and serve in front of her brother, Jon, a current patrol officer at FMPD and her father, Craig, a retired officer from the same department.
Clausnitzer was one of two new recruits added during a ceremony at Ft. Myers City Hall on Friday afternoon.
"I've been waiting for this day for probably years, now. I just couldn't believe it was here. I got up, got my uniform on and I was looking in the mirror like 'is this really happening'," said Melanie.
Her brother, Jon is already employed with the department while her father, Craig, has been retired for 4 years.
"Just to see her get on to this department is... I love Fort Myers (Police Department) so I'm very proud of both my children," said Craig.
According to a spokesperson with the department, Jon and Melanie are the only brother/sister team on the force.
Melanie's first day will be September 16th.
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope