|Published:||Sep 10, 2013 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2013 4:30 PM EDT|
FT. MYERS, Fla. - One SWFL family has seen 3 members sworn in to the Fort Myers Police Department after new recruits were added.
Melanie Clausnitzer took the oath to protect and serve in front of her brother, Jon, a current patrol officer at FMPD and her father, Craig, a retired officer from the same department.
Clausnitzer was one of two new recruits added during a ceremony at Ft. Myers City Hall on Friday afternoon.
"I've been waiting for this day for probably years, now. I just couldn't believe it was here. I got up, got my uniform on and I was looking in the mirror like 'is this really happening'," said Melanie.
Her brother, Jon is already employed with the department while her father, Craig, has been retired for 4 years.
"Just to see her get on to this department is... I love Fort Myers (Police Department) so I'm very proud of both my children," said Craig.
According to a spokesperson with the department, Jon and Melanie are the only brother/sister team on the force.
Melanie's first day will be September 16th.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo