|Published:||Sep 10, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2013 5:49 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A jury has been chosen in the trial of Luis Gonzalez, the man accused of killing Tia Poklemba in 2008, before fleeing to Mexico for four years.
Investigators said he ran over her twice, and left her to die in on a road in San Carlos Park. A newspaper delivery man found Poklemba in the road. She died minutes later.
Detectives said she met Gonzales at a bar, got in a car with him and then hours later, she was dead. Gonzales took off and traveled to Mexico. The case was featured on America's Most Wanted. Gonzalez was arrested four years later.
The trial is expected to continue over the next three to four days.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- New phone scam targets caller ID
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment