|Published:||Sep 10, 2013 11:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2013 11:47 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Two road workers are recovering after a vehicle hit them while they were doing roadwork along Tampa's Dale Mabry Highway.
The crash happened early Tuesday when a silver car veered off the road, went over a curb and hit the workers. A third worker saw the crash and chased after the vehicle. Police say he was able to get a partial license plate number.
The workers are employed by Stripe-A-Lot Paving, which subcontracts with the city of Tampa.
Police say Michael Madson was taken to Tampa General with bumps and bruises. Craig Walls was treated at the scene.
Authorities are searching for the driver the vehicle.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids