|Published:||Sep 09, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2013 10:35 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - An 83-year-old woman is recovering after being shot in the leg during a family fight over a cellphone.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/14wXd6R ) reports Marian Hall was trying to break up a fight Sunday between grandsons, 28-year-old Robert Hill and 23-year-old Kenneth Smith.
Miami-Dade police say the younger grandson pulled a gun. As the three struggled, the gun went off, hitting Hall in the leg.
She was taken to Kendall Regional Hospital where she was reported in stable condition.
The Herald reports Smith was arrested but it was not clear what charges he will face.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time