|Published:||Sep 09, 2013 10:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2013 10:40 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a 24-year-old drowning after going for a swim in a lake behind his home in northwest Miami-Dade County.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/15IuqHh ) reports Jeremy Sawyer was under water about 10 to 15 minutes Sunday evening before Miami-Dade Fire Rescue workers pulled him out.
Family members and neighbors had jumped in to try to save Sawyer, but were unable to find him. Scuba divers from the fire rescue department found him.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Obama to promote education agenda at Miami school