|Published:||Sep 09, 2013 10:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2013 10:40 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a 24-year-old drowning after going for a swim in a lake behind his home in northwest Miami-Dade County.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/15IuqHh ) reports Jeremy Sawyer was under water about 10 to 15 minutes Sunday evening before Miami-Dade Fire Rescue workers pulled him out.
Family members and neighbors had jumped in to try to save Sawyer, but were unable to find him. Scuba divers from the fire rescue department found him.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school