|Published:||Sep 09, 2013 1:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2013 1:38 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police are investigating a traffic crash that resulted in one fatality and one serious injury on Saturday. It happened just before 12:30 a.m. near 5600 Rose Garden Road.
Police say an unidentified white male was driving an unknown sports car. He died on the scene, during the traffic crash.
Susan Reynolds, 28, of Lehigh Acres, was riding with him and suffered life-threatening injuries.
The vehicle was traveling north on Rose Garden Road and lost control while the roadway curved. The car rotated counter-clockwise and drove into the median where it struck a tree, directly into the rear of the vehicle. Due to the impact, the vehicle caught on fire. The driver was unable to exit the vehicle and was pronounced dead on scene. Reynolds was removed from the vehicle by bystanders, and rushed to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Reynolds suffered burns over more than 65 percent of her body and was sent as a trauma alert to Tampa General Hospital.
The Medical Examiner's Office will be performing an autopsy on the driver to assist with identification. It may take days or even weeks to positively identify him.
It is unknown if alcohol/drugs were involved in this traffic crash.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba