|Published:||Sep 08, 2013 4:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 09, 2013 1:30 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - One person was killed and two others were injured after being hit by a vehicle just before 11:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Fort Myers Police responded to a crash involving three pedestrians near the intersection of Fowler and Willard Streets. Police learned that the three pedestrians had been at a party. Albertine Sherrod, 44, left the party, which was on Royal Palm Avenue and ran towards Fowler Street. Two relatives, Leroy Sherrod-Ivy, 24, and Rodney McMillian, 28, caught up with Albertine Sherrod on Fowler Street where she had passed out in the roadway.
While Sherrod-Ivy and McMillian were trying to pick her up and off the road, all three were hit by a Cadillac Escalade. Albertine Sherrod suffered fatal injuries. Sherrod-Ivy and McMillian remain in the hospital.
Investigators say drugs and alcohol played a role in the crash involving the pedestrians. No charges have been filed against the driver of the Cadillac Escalade.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash