|Published:||Sep 07, 2013 8:21 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 08, 2013 10:07 AM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Troopers say they found the vehicle involved in a hit and run crash with a bicyclist early Saturday in Port Charlotte.
Troopers say it happened on Gibralter Drive, east of Hernando Avenue.
The cyclist was traveling in the westbound lane when the car came up behind it, and hit the back of the bike. 45-year-old David Beck was thrown from his bike, and airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital with critical injuries. He was not wearing a helmet.
Troopers say the car's driver left the scene, contact them if you have any information.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras