|Published:||Sep 06, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 06, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A woman faces DUI charges after hitting a Florida Highway Patrol car on an Interstate 4 exit ramp near Tampa.
The crash happened early Friday as the trooper was assisting in a traffic pacing operation for a construction project on Interstate 275.
According to an incident report, the trooper parked in a travel lane on the I-4 exit ramp leading to northbound I-275. His emergency lights were flashing as he attempted to prevent drivers from exiting the highway due to construction on I-275.
The driver failed to slow down and hit the rear of the patrol car.
The trooper was taken to Tampa General Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The woman was arrested and taken to the Hillsborough County Jail.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks