|Published:||Sep 05, 2013 10:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2013 10:45 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - George Zimmerman's wife is filing for divorce.
Attorney Kelly Sims confirmed Thursday that his client, Shellie Zimmerman, is divorcing her husband of six years.
Shellie Zimmerman pleaded guilty last week to a misdemeanor for lying during a bail hearing after her husband's arrest for the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year.
A day after the plea, she told ABC's "Good Morning America" she wasn't sure she wanted to stay married. ABC first reported the divorce Thursday.
She said the couple lived "like gypsies" after George Zimmerman was released on bail, spending nights in a 20-foot trailer in the woods.
Her husband wasn't in court with her last week as she was sentenced to a year's probation and 100 hours of community service.
George Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder in July.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down