|Published:||Sep 05, 2013 12:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2013 12:02 AM EDT|
Los Angeles -- A Collier County man, accused of kidnapping his grandson, is now behind bars in California.
59-year-old Donald Byrd was arrested in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago.
WINK News has learned Byrd has been extradited to Los Angeles, where that child was taken from.
Investigators say Byrd kidnapped Zach two years ago and had been on the run ever since.
We checked Byrd is now being held on $500,000 bond.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation