|Published:||Sep 05, 2013 8:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2013 8:32 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say residents of a Jacksonville apartment complex were forced to evacuate after a man was found dead inside a vehicle with possible explosives inside.
The incident happened late Wednesday at Huron-Sophia Apartments on Jacksonville's west side.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/1dJ7pfC ) reports police responded to a shooting around 11 p.m. That's when the found the dead man. As the investigation continued, they got word that a possible explosive device was inside the vehicle.
At that point, police began evacuating any residents who opened their doors.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office bomb squad assisted in the investigation.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect