|Published:||Sep 05, 2013 8:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 05, 2013 8:32 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say residents of a Jacksonville apartment complex were forced to evacuate after a man was found dead inside a vehicle with possible explosives inside.
The incident happened late Wednesday at Huron-Sophia Apartments on Jacksonville's west side.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/1dJ7pfC ) reports police responded to a shooting around 11 p.m. That's when the found the dead man. As the investigation continued, they got word that a possible explosive device was inside the vehicle.
At that point, police began evacuating any residents who opened their doors.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office bomb squad assisted in the investigation.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan