|Published:||Sep 04, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 04, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
PINECREST, Fla. (AP) - Police say a South Florida man is dead after they used a stun gun on him during an altercation.
Pinecrest police responding to a call about a fight on Monday night found 43-year-old Norman Oosterbroek naked and fighting with his neighbor Markus Jung.
Police say they ordered Oosterbroek to stop fighting. He resisted arrest and they used a Taser on him.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/17yOYWw ) reported Wednesday that police believe Oosterbroek was under the influence of a drug.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue treated him, but he died at a hospital.
Miami-Dade Police are investigating the incident.
Oosterbroek lived about a block away from Jung and police are not sure whether they even knew each other before the incident. Jung and his wife Christine weren't injured.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire