|Published:||Sep 04, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 04, 2013 10:50 AM EDT|
PINECREST, Fla. (AP) - Police say a South Florida man is dead after they used a stun gun on him during an altercation.
Pinecrest police responding to a call about a fight on Monday night found 43-year-old Norman Oosterbroek naked and fighting with his neighbor Markus Jung.
Police say they ordered Oosterbroek to stop fighting. He resisted arrest and they used a Taser on him.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/17yOYWw ) reported Wednesday that police believe Oosterbroek was under the influence of a drug.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue treated him, but he died at a hospital.
Miami-Dade Police are investigating the incident.
Oosterbroek lived about a block away from Jung and police are not sure whether they even knew each other before the incident. Jung and his wife Christine weren't injured.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed