|Published:||Sep 04, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 04, 2013 10:47 AM EDT|
PONCE DE LEON INLET, Fla. (AP) - Divers have found the body of a man who went missing while spearfishing off the coast of Ponce de Leon Inlet in central Florida.
Authorities say the body matches the description of the 28-year-old Ryan Myers who failed to resurface on Labor Day after going into the Atlantic Ocean with about 30 minutes of air in a tank. Divers found the body Tuesday afternoon, near the spot where Ryan was last seen.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/18pl8lI ) reports the independent divers were assisting the Coast Guard in the search.
Ryan was aboard the commercial fishing vessel Yellowfin with two other men. They were fishing in an area where the water was over 100 feet deep.
The body was taken to the medical examiner's office.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school