|Published:||Sep 03, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
PONCE DE DEON INLET, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for missing diver off Ponce de Leon Inlet in central Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/14fRW3e ) reports the 28-year-old diver went into the water with about 30 minutes of oxygen Monday morning. When he didn't resurface, the crew of the fishing vessel Yellowfin reported him missing to the Coast Guard in Jacksonville.
A crew that was training nearby began looking for him. On the way to the site, they spotted an overturned kayak. So, the search extended to a missing diver and kayaker.
The search for the kayaker was called off Monday night, but crews continued their search for the missing diver. Officials say there is no report of an overdue kayaker.
Boaters in the area were asked to watch for the missing diver.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore