|Published:||Sep 03, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
PONCE DE DEON INLET, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for missing diver off Ponce de Leon Inlet in central Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/14fRW3e ) reports the 28-year-old diver went into the water with about 30 minutes of oxygen Monday morning. When he didn't resurface, the crew of the fishing vessel Yellowfin reported him missing to the Coast Guard in Jacksonville.
A crew that was training nearby began looking for him. On the way to the site, they spotted an overturned kayak. So, the search extended to a missing diver and kayaker.
The search for the kayaker was called off Monday night, but crews continued their search for the missing diver. Officials say there is no report of an overdue kayaker.
Boaters in the area were asked to watch for the missing diver.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers