|Published:||Sep 03, 2013 10:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2013 11:20 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies have identified a deceased person found floating in the Caloosahatchee River near W. Riverside Drive as 26-year-old Steven Jean. The cause of death is pending a final report from the Medical Examiner’s Office, however, there are no indications of foul play.
On Saturday just before 10:00 a.m., the Fort Myers Police located a deceased male in the water near the sea wall. It appeared to officers that the deceased had been in the water for quite some time.
The Fort Myers Fire Department and the Medical Examiner’s Office assisted in removing the body from the water.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Myers Police Department at 239-321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. No further information available at this time. Updates will be issued via e-mail.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Landlord accused in lead paint case