|Published:||Sep 03, 2013 11:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 03, 2013 11:47 AM EDT|
SEMINOLE, Fla. (AP) - A teenager is being treated for life-threatening injuries following a Labor Day tubing outing on Lake Seminole.
Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies say the 15-year-old girl and a 13-year-old girl were being towed behind a 19-foot motorboat Monday afternoon when a man on a Sea-Doo crashed into them.
The younger girl is recovering from minor injuries.
Deputies say 21-year-old Ryan Godcharles of Naples was driving the Sea-Doo. He wasn't injured.
Alcohol doesn't appear to be a factor in the crash. Deputies are still investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water