|Published:||Sep 02, 2013 11:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2013 11:14 AM EDT|
Charlotte County, FLA - Around 2:15 am, a fatal crash occurred in Charlotte County involving a motor vehicle versus a pedestrian. The vehicle was traveling north on Prineville Street. For unknown reasons a person was laying in the roadway. The driver was unable to stop or swerve in time.
The man was pronounced deceased at the scene. The name of the man has not been released, pending next of kin notification.
Prineville Street is a two lane roadway with no street lights.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond