|Published:||Sep 02, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 02, 2013 3:14 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A lightning strike has killed one person and injured two others in a semi-rural area southwest of Miami.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue officials were still gathering details after the Monday afternoon strike, which happened while a strong thunderstorm moved through the area.
The two injured were flown to a trauma center for treatment. Their condition was not immediately known.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference