|Published:||Sep 01, 2013 7:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2013 7:59 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Sarasota police say a mother shot her 1-year-old daughter and then turned the gun on herself.
Police say they responded to the murder-suicide Sunday morning. Spokeswoman Genevieve Judge says 35-year-old Sarah Harnish died at the scene. Josephine Boice, who was 17 months old, was taken to the hospital and later died.
A police statement says the child's father returned home from a scooter ride before 10 a.m. and heard shots fired and called 911.
No one else was inside the home when it happened. Police say a report won't be available until Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday