|Published:||Sep 01, 2013 7:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 01, 2013 7:59 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - Sarasota police say a mother shot her 1-year-old daughter and then turned the gun on herself.
Police say they responded to the murder-suicide Sunday morning. Spokeswoman Genevieve Judge says 35-year-old Sarah Harnish died at the scene. Josephine Boice, who was 17 months old, was taken to the hospital and later died.
A police statement says the child's father returned home from a scooter ride before 10 a.m. and heard shots fired and called 911.
No one else was inside the home when it happened. Police say a report won't be available until Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend